Santa Clara University

Santa Clara Magazine

Graduate Class Notes

Charles S. “Chuck” Poochigian J.D. has joined the Fresno-based law firm of Dowling, Aaron & Keeler. Chuck served as a member of the California State Senate and Assembly from 1994 to 2006 and previously was a member of the senior staffs of Governors Wilson and Deukmejian.
Robert Fried J.D., a partner at the Pleasanton office of Atkinson, Andelson, Loya, Ruud & Romo, has been appointed to Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger’s Committee on Employment of People With Disabilities. On March 19, Fried presented oral arguments before the U.S. Supreme Court in the case of Chamber of Commerce v. Brown, a legal challenge to California statute AB 1889, which would require employers who contract with the State of California to remain neutral with respect to use of those monies if a union tries to organize them, and empowers unions to sue to enforce violations.
Jeff Ferriell J.D., a Capital University law professor, was appointed as a member of the National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws by Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland. In 2007 Jeff published the second edition of Understanding Bankruptcy, a text he co-wrote for law students and bankruptcy lawyers.
Bill Meyers M.S. is a Peace Corps volunteer in Gambia. He will be a secondary school math and science teacher during his two-year assignment in West Africa. He previously was a systems engineer at Lockheed Martin in Sunnyvale.
Kevin Bauer MBA is vice president of finance and corporate controller for Exar Corp.
Mark Hudson MBA joined BLADE as chief marketing officer after 19 years at Hewlett Packard, for which he was vice president of worldwide marketing for HP’s Enterprise Server & Storage business.

Claudia Fan Munce M.S. has been managing director of IBM’s venture capital group since March 2004. Born in Taiwan and raised in Brazil, Munce earned an MBA from Stanford University.
91 John F. (Jack) Glenn MBA is chief financial officer of Thermage Inc., a leader in non-invasive tissue tightening in the aesthetic industry. He is the former chief financial officer of Cholestech Corp.

Gerald W. Hansen M.S. published State Boundaries of America: How, Why and When American State Lines Were Formed (Heritage Books, Inc., $24).

Eugene M. Kuerner M.S. is vice president of engineering for Medio Systems, Inc., a provider of mobile search and advertising solutions.
93 Lori Johnson MBA is business manager for international programs at SCU. She is responsible for managing all business aspects of Santa Clara’s international initiatives, including the international studies/African studies minor, campus and community events promoting global engagement, overseas programs in Costa Rica, Cuba, El Salvador, Germany, Italy, Mexico, and the United Kingdom, as well as numerous exchange partners and affiliate programs around the world. She will also retain her position in the Drahmann Advising Center.

John Potter pursued a longtime dream and at age 37 played basketball this year at Modesto Junior College. “I did this to be selfish, and that’s about 95 percent of it,” Potter told the Modesto Bee. “The other 5 percent is being able to look my 4-year-old daughter in the eye and tell her it’s okay to try everything in life and not to be afraid to fail.” John is an owner or a partner in several companies, most of which are related to packaging and distribution of dried fruit and nuts. He has more than 200 employees. He hasn’t decided if he will play again next year, but he has a standing offer to join the team’s coaching staff.
Marjorie (Doyle) Versen MBA was appointed CFO for Arrow Industrial Ltd., a precision machine shop that provides contract manufacturing for aerospace, medical, and electronics industries.
Kyle Ostergard J.D. is a partner with Weston, Benshoof, Rochefort, Rubalcava and MacCuish LLP. He practices in the areas of construction, suretyship, business, and real estate law. He also represents individuals and businesses in real estate and business disputes.
Beth L. Mitchell J.D. joined the litigation practice group of Winston & Strawn LLP. She previously was a partner at Nixon Peabody LLP.
Andrew Gere MBA was promoted to chief of operations for San Jose Water Co. He joined the company in 1995 and will assume responsibility for the direction of company-wide operations, water quality, maintenance, and purchasing activities.
Victor Thu MBA and his wife announce the birth of their first child, Noella, on July 18, 2007.
Nicholas Radov MBA and wife Mirela announce the birth of their first child, Eva Nicole, on July 5, 2007.