William D. Bottini ’35 on Feb. 13, 2009. The native of Pleasanton attended SCU on a basketball scholarship and graduated with a degree in civil engineering. He worked for the Western Pacific Railroad as a right-of-way engineer in Nevada, and in 1942 enlisted in the Seabees of the United States Navy and was decorated with the Bronze Star for his service as an engineer constructing landing strips on islands of the South Pacific during World War II. After the war he came to Colorado Springs as superintendent of construction for several projects at the Air Force Academy, including building a chapel, the football stadium, and the cadet area. Working for B.H. Baker Construction Company, he was responsible for the company’s building projects in Colorado Springs and other areas of Colorado and Wyoming. Upon retirement, he volunteered for the Catholic Diocese of Colorado Springs as a supervisor of building projects throughout the area. In addition, he worked in a local soup kitchen and helped out at local schools by reading to children. He is survived by two sons; eight grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.