Recent accolades for SCM include:
- An award for excellence in illustration from the University and College Design Association (UCDA) for the Winter 2009 issue.
- A gold medal for photography from UCDA for the Summer 2009 issue.
- A silver medal for photography from the University Photographers Association for the Summer 2009 cover.
- Ten medals in six categories from the Southwestern region of the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), again making SCM the most lauded magazine in the region (2009). Gold medals—for covers, special issues, illustration, photography, and editorial design; silver medals—for covers, illustration, and editorial design; bronze medals—for editorial design and staff writing.
- Two gold medals—for illustration and photography—and two bronze medals—for writing and overall excellence—from the Southwestern region of CASE, making this the most lauded magazine among more than 100 competitors (2008)
- A silver medal for best magazine among Jesuit universities nationwide—presented by the Jesuit Advancement Association (2008)
- A national silver medal from CASE for best article of the year for “The School of Hope” by Marty Stortz, presented by CASE
- A regional silver medal for overall excellence from CASE (2007)
- A regional gold medal for outstanding staff writing from CASE (2006)
- A national award for “Best Single Issue Magazine Cover Design” (Fall 2000) and “Best Editorial Spread” (Spring 2001) from the University College Designers Association (UCDA)