- 1 happy baby seal captured on film being fed from a bottle by Bernard Hubbard, S.J., “The Glacier Priest.”
- 2 pounds of weight lost on average by each Santa Clara student who “crams” for exams, according to the Bureau of Educational Surveys.
- 40 cents for the “Santa Clara Special” at Lucca Café, across the street from campus. Includes soup, salad, entrée, dessert, and drink.
- 83 minutes is deemed “too long” for a cartoon in a review of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs in the student newspaper, The Santa Clara.
- 41,000 people in New Orleans watch Santa Clara beat Louisiana State University in the Sugar Bowl—for the second year in a row—on New Year’s Day.
Santa Clara Snapshot: 1938
By Liz Wassmann '13
Tomorrow's forecast: Director of the Ricard Observatory Albert J. Newlin J.D. 1912 checks sun spots before predicting the weather. Photo from The Redwood